Monday, February 16, 2015

Life in a Bag

I managed to escape my family long enough to doodle these guys. :) They're the characters in the story I'm slowly formulating. I do this a lot, when I'm writing, if I have somebody in my head but can't quite see them just right, I will flesh them out with a sketch and then go fill out some character prompts.


Dev's the girl who started it all, the first character that popped into my mind when I read about the prompt. I already knew mostly what she would look like, and especially that she would have unmanageable curly hair. 


Emma's a little more straightlaced. I'm excited to play with her and I have been writing shorts. This bit is actually from a character test... just imagine Dev sitting across from her. :)


Amir is Dev's best friend and, in fact, that's his blazer she's wearing in her portrait up there. He's a very patient kinda guy. (Edit: I've started the first draft and it looks like we won't see much of Amir, if we see him at all. But I still like him.)

I think, tonight, I'm going to read a book I enjoy very much and turn off the TV for a while. Thanks to all the forced family time as of late, I've spent the last four days(!) watching movies. I hardly watch one movie in two weeks. As a result I can just feel the words slipping out of my head as I write, and I'd like to get those back. I hope you enjoyed the doodles. 

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment